First, I want to thank you for your continued prayers and support of the ministry here at St. James. Your sharing, caring and prayers and finances have allowed us to be in ministry both here to our own members and some of our ministry partners who are in need of financial assistance.
However, today I am informing you that our Bishop, Bishop Sue Haupert Johnson has indicated in the information to follow that we are not to gather again before June 22, 2020. On a personal note, I want you to know that the staff and leadership here at St. James will not open the doors until we are assured by our health care professionals that you are coming back to a very safe and sanitized environment. So, it appears that we will be in this “season” well after June 22 and so while we are in this Covid-19 environment here are a few things that I am asking that you do:
- Pray for the families of the COVID-19 victims.
- Pray for all front-line Health Care Workers.
- Pray for our President, Church and our world.
- Pray for people to come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- Pray for the safe return of members as we prepare to gather again in our church.
And I want you to prepare for the following exciting “New Things” that will be on the not too distant horizon:
- We will be posting the current online studies currently at St. James on our website.
- New Zoom online bible studies and information are being developed that will equip you to handle areas such as:
d) Home Schooling
And we will add many more studies to make sure that you are adequately equipped to handle the challenge of navigating in our “new normal” environment.
Finally, we hope that you have been tuning in to watch our services each and every Sunday at 8 AM and 11:00 AM via Facebook Live and Live Stream on or website, www.stjamesumc.org. If the services and messages have been a blessing to you please let us know via the Web.
So, I look forward to joining you for this Sunday’s Communion Service!
Until then Be Well and Be Safe!
I Love and Pray for Each of You,
P.S, Remember, We Believe in Miracles!